A friend talked me into having my own blog so I have a place to share my needleworking projects.
My latest project isn’t something fun. You know how if you can sew there is always someone who wants you to mend or alter something? I just finished altering a cloak that was made for a LARPer (by someone else!) but it didn’t fit him because it was way too narrow in the shoulders, so I added arm slits in the front. I don’t have a picture of that, though, and it isn’t very interesting anyway. So here’s a photo of something I made a while ago:
This is a purse with cross stitch on the front from a chart published in 1905! The purse itself is about 6 inches square, so the embroidered part is about 5 inches. It is done in 28-count on cotton fabric. I love irises and I love Art Nouveau, so this chart was perfect for me. the size of the purse is perfect for me, too, because I don’t carry much stuff most of the time and a large purse makes no sense if it’s going to be mostly empty.